Explore the trails in the Lower Hollyburn area in Cypress Provincial Park, including Blue Gentian Lake and the recently rebuilt trail to Lost Lake. The gentians are blooming early this year so this should be the best time to see them. This is a joint field trip for Nature Vancouver and Friends of Cypress Provincial Park Society. Most of these trails are in good condition but expect a moderately strenuous hike of 7-8 km return with some steep and rocky sections.
- Birding at Grant Narrows (Sat, Aug 8)
- Blue Gentian Lake loop hike - Difficulty rating C6 (Sun, Aug 9)
- Skyline Divide Hike, Mount Baker (Difficulty Rating C7) (Sat, Aug 15)
- UBC Botanical Gardens: Ecology of a grand fir forest (Sat, Aug 22)
- Ascent of Mt Strachan, Cypress Provincial Park, West Vancouver. A slow hike with many interpretive geology stops. Difficulty rating C6. (Sun, Aug 30)