Despite its name Diez Vistas doesn’t offer a full 10 views but those it has are pretty nice. We will start at the South end of the hike and circle clockwise. There is a very steep climb for about 110 mins, and then it is up and down until the far end of Butzen Lake where the descent is just a little more gradual. Once we reach North Beach the last hour of the hike will be on easy terrain. There are slippery crossings, and rocks, so shoes with good tread (hiking boots) are required, poles and mosquito repellant are recommended. Washrooms are by the car park and North Beach. Contact trip leader Elena Klein to register or for more information. This hike will be cancelled or changed if it is raining significantly.
- Diez Vistas hike (Difficulty Rating C7) (Sat, May 23)
- Birding at Colony Farm Regional Park (Sat, May 23)
- Boat trip on Indian Arm [full] (Sun, May 24)
- GroundCone Search Lighthouse Park (Difficulty Rating B3) (Thu, May 28)
- Rhodos & Rivers – Hiking the Skagit in Springtime (difficulty rating B & D ) (Fri, May 29)