Tuesday September 24 was a beautiful day for #5 in the series of Midweek nature hikes led as usual by Teresa Gagné, looking for lichens and ferns. We followed walk #44 in "109 Walks" (2009 edition). 3 of us started walking West from the little parking lot at Stearman Beach (see calendar entry), along the beach towards Caulfeild Park. We soon met a male pink salmon that apparently didn't make it up the creek to spawn.
- Elfin Lakes Backpacking trip CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER FORECAST (Sat, Oct 10)
- Birding at Colony Farm Regional Park (Sat, Oct 10)
- Alpine Hike location TBA (Difficulty Level C-D7) (Sun, Oct 11)
- Australian Star Mountains Expedition: 50th Anniversary Commemoration Lecture. (Thu, Oct 15)
- Delta Farmland & Wildlife Trust Interpretive Walk (Difficulty Rating A-B3) (Sat, Oct 17)